Booking Guide & Conditions
Please kindly read these terms and conditions carefully. On booking online or signing our booking form when making reservation over the phone or by email, you are deemed to have read and accepted our Booking Conditions, and are accepting the terms of these conditions on behalf of all persons in the party.
The reservation request should be sent by email or BOOKING ENQUIRY form to:
INDOCHINA JUNK JSC
No. 25 Pham Hong Thai Str, Truc Bach Ward, Ba Dinh Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Website: www.indochina-junk.com – Email: [email protected]
The reservation is validated only if you received a confirmation from Indochina Junk and secured with deposit. Any amendment should be sent and approved by Indochina Junk in advance.
How to book tour?
Step 1: Select a Tour
Browse our pages to select the trip and itinerary of your interest, after considering other detail information in the program you click to BOOKING ENQUIRY at the top of the page to send your request.
Step 2: Customize your trip and provide us with necessary information
- Booking form, add your departure date, number of people (adults and children under 12 years old), number of cabin.
- Fill in customer information in this form that can help us contact and send you payment link details.
- Any special requests you may have (such as a special diet, preferred boat name …), that our travel consultant will clarify to you by email.
Step 3: Submit Your Booking Request
After filling the necessary information click” Submit” to send your request to us. You will receive our response within 24 hours, in order to avoid any interception or loss, we recommend you to check your SPAM/JUNK mail folder. If you do not receive any response within 24 hours, please resend us your request to [email protected] or make a call to us.
Step 4: Accept booking procedures, price and process payment
When you receive our response with price, availability and other details from our sales team and you fully accept the procedures; please send us an email to inform your acceptance. Our sales staffs will send you payment link for deposit to secure your booking. The remainder of the tour charge will be collected later upon arrival in Vietnam
Step 5: Receive a Service Voucher
Once we receive your payment (Deposit or full payment) a Service Voucher will be send to you as a final confirmation of your reservation.
Step 6: Fill in Registration form and Pick up address
After the final confirmation of your reservation, we request you to fill in a form to give us the details of pickup address (our shuttle bus pick up at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter), wishes for a special
diet and check in details, including your full name, year of birth, gender, nationality, passport No, Visa
expiry date to Vietnam. We request you to provide this information to us at least one day before departure.
Deposit and Balance Payment
A deposit of 35% – 50% of the total tour price is required upon a confirmation of your booking. Full payment is required depending on the suppliers’ policy or the last minute bookings. Once a deposit is received it is understood that you have read, understood and accepted all our Terms and Conditions.
Your balance can be paid at our office (01 Ha Long Str, Bai Chay) when you arrive in Ha Long. We are happy to receive your full payment in cash (VND or USD) or credit card, if you pay by credit, 4% service charge will be applied.
We accept online payment by credit card with ONEPAY, a secured payment gateway for Master Card, Visa, and American Express. We will send you secured payment links once you accept this method.
You can also choose payment by Bank Transfer, Western Union. Please, kindly note that the payment fees are not inclusive in price.
You can choose to pay the remainder of your balance by cash or credit card at our office in Hanoi or Halong Bay. For credit card payments, a 4% bank fee is added for each transaction.
Cancellation by customers
Any cancellation should be referred to Indochina Junk sales office in writing by email, following these below terms.
- More than 30 days: 10 USD per booking for 01 day or 02 day cruise; 15 USD per booking for 03 days or 04 day cruise
- From 30 to 14 days prior to check-in: 15% of total rates
- From 14 to 07 days prior to check-in: 25% of total rates
- From 07 to 02 days prior to check-in: 50% of total rates
- Less than 48 hours prior to check-in: 100% of total rates
- No-Show: 100% of total rates
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel your booking under some unavoidable circumstances like: weather conditions, wars, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disasters, terrorism, or order from the Local Authority. If we cancel your booking, you can either get a refund or accept an alternative from us of equivalent or similar standard and price, if one is available, and we will always refund the difference in price if the alternative is of a lower standard and price.
Cancellation by weather conditions (controlled and informed by local authority)
Without prior notice, the cruise trip could be postponed, shortened or cancelled due to unexpected bad weather, including storm/ typhoon (summer), cyclone, thunder storm, foggy days (winter), monsoon (winter)… The cruise operation is out of Indochina Junk’s control under these weather issues.
- Before tours start from Hanoi city: Refund is made in full
- After guests arrive in Halong Bay: Tour cost based on completed service: meals, transfer, day boat trip only, the rest will be refunded
- Guests are staying on board, trip is shortened: Tour cost based on completed service: trip length, meals, transfer, activities…, the rest will be refunded.
For the details of each cancellation event because of bad weather, charge and refund policy, please read more of our Weather and Cruise Cancellation.
- Child under 4 years sharing fully paid cabin with parents: No additional charge, limited to one child per cabin (for sharing or charter option).
- For sharing option*:
- Child from 4 to 12 staying on separate bed: charge 75% adult price.
- Child from 2 to 6 sharing fully paid cabin with parents, if order meals: cost 30USD /child (for 2D1N), and 70 USD/child (for 3D2N) for wooden boats OR 80USD/child (for 2D1N), and 150 USD/child (for 3D2N) for the Dragon Legend Cruise.
- For charter option**: child from 4 years will be charged as adult.
- Extra bed for Dragon Legend: 120USD/child (for 2D1N), and 200 USD/child (for 3D2N).
All cancellations must be received in writing, sent to us via email. Before a determination regarding a refund can be made, all cruises documents must be returned to Indochina Junk. All refund requests pertaining to cruise and other service are subject to final review by Indochina Junk.
In case of tour cancellation by bad weather, refund will be made fully or partly based on service that has been delivered to customers before cancellation.
Please note that, refund does not including service fee for payment by credit card or online payment.
No refunds will be made for unused services or no-shows. It is up to 15 days for any refund to appear in your bank account statement.
Liquor and Beverage Policy
We have a wide variety of drinks including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on board. Guests are not recommended to bring these drinks. If you would like to request any special alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages then please contact our Sales and Reservation Department in advance.
Insurance on board is purchased for passengers due to the requirement of Vietnamese law, and it covers only the basic accidents so we strongly recommend you purchase your own insurance before departing for Vietnam and before joining the cruise with us.
Service Voucher will be compiled after the deposit has been received and sent to guests prior to departure. These documents will be sent via email, and should be printed out by participants and retained as a receipt.
It is the guest’s obligation to obtain a valid passport, visas and public health documents, travel insurance for your travelling time in Vietnam.
Personal Property and Belongings
- In general, customer’s luggage is sent directly from habor to the boat and back by our transfer service. Thus, all of your valuables, fragile or perishable things including your electronic devices (computer, mobile phone, Ipad, digital camera…) money, passports should be kept by your side, in your hand bag. Indochina Junk will not be responsible for any loss or damage with these things stored in packed luggage. Others like clothing, footwear or bulky items you can put in your checked baggage.
- Flammable and dangerous goods, such as firearms, ammunition, firewood, weapons, etc. are not permitted on boat.
- When onboard, personal items of value can be stored at the reception. Ensure the receptionist or duty manager acknowledges receipt of your valuables.
- In case of loss or damage, you need to report to us immediately and we will check and solve the problem together. Indochina Junk is limited in our liability for customer’s personal belongings.
- For the missing items, our staffs always take care of this issue and report any missing after cruise. If you forgot your items on board,please give us specific information of your stuff, we will find them and make every effort to return items left on boat to the owners. You can receive lost itemsat our office in Hanoi or we can send them directly to you and you will pay for shipping costs. We are not responsible for any missing items reported after you returned home or moved to other destination.
Once we confirm the reservation with you, all possible care is taken to ensure that the services supplied maintain the highest possible standards and follow what we describe in the itinerary. However, we are not responsible for any problems arising from the booking or services that we do not directly control.
Please pay attention to your valued properties. We have no responsibility for the loss or damage of luggage due to the delay, accident, natural disaster or political actions, except for the properties kept in our security boxes at our reception desk on board.
We have no responsibility for any mental or physical injury, illness, loss or death when such damages were neither the result of a physical injury to the Passenger, nor the result of that passenger having been not at actual risk of physical injury, nor intentionally inflicted by us.
If there is a dispute among a passengers, Indochina Junk and/or a third party, Vietnamese law will be applied.
* Sharing option: sharing boat with other group, private cabin.
** Charter option: hiring the whole boat for a group.